Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Thunderstorms are a beautiful display of natures power but can leave a wake of destruction.
Are you prepared? Residents of Central Okanagan are preparing for yet another wave of unfavourable weather to sweep through our community.
Be prepared, keep safe, and call WINMAR for your 24/7 Disaster services.
- Before a severe thunderstorm, unplug radios and TV’s. Listen for weather updates on a battery powered radio.
- If you are indoors, stay away from windows, doors and fireplaces.
- You may want to go to the sheltered area that you and your family chose for your emergency plan.
- If you are advised by officials to evacuate, do so. Take your emergency kit with you.
- You can use a cellular telephone during a severe storm, but it’s not safe to use a land-line telephone.
- Never go out in a boat during a storm. If you are on the water and you see bad weather approaching, head for shore immediately. Always check the marine forecast before leaving for a day of boating and listen to weather reports during your cruise.
- If you are in a car, stop the car away from trees or power lines that might fall on you. Stay there.
For more tips got to www.getprepared.gc.ca